Thursday, June 4, 2009

{wildest dreams come true}

Monday afternoon I boarded a plane headed for Orange County full of every emotion that I think one person can experience at any one time. Joy, excitement, nervousness, anticipation, sorrow, exhaustion, humility. To sum it up in one word, I was a wreck!! To better understand why and what I was experiencing I will go back to how this adventure all began.
About a year and a half ago I came across a blog that forever changed my life. I was so overcome by what I saw and read, I spent hours crying, laughing, completely moved. It was the blog of my now favorite photographer Jasmine Star. Not only were her photos inspirational but her words and story's as well. From that day forward, I decided that I could not let my dreams of becoming an amazing photographer be just a dream any longer. She inspired me to put myself out there, learn as much as possible, and take a chance on becoming a professional photographer. I don't know why I was so touch be her, okay maybe I do, just visit her blog and you ll see what I mean, but I felt a connection on so many levels. I saw her images as a work of art and felt the emotions that her subjects felt. She has the ability to capture moments and feelings like no one I have seen before.
Then, a couple months ago, she announced that she would be hosting a workshop and I could hardly contain myself. The only catch is, is that she is so dang popular and in such high demand that her last workshop sold out in only hours. I signed up to receive info before she announced it on her blog and call me lucky but I happened to be at my computer one afternoon when I received an email from J*. It was the official announcement of her workshop with all the details to register to the first 20 people. I knew that the spaces would go quick so I clicked on paypal to pay for my spot and nothing... it wouldn't link me. I completely freaked out and quickly sent her a frantic email and yes, she replied and helped me fix the problem and well the rest is history. I made the cut. I was one of 20 who was first to sign up!!!! Oh, and this time it sold out in well under an hour.
Well, with that all said, the day finally came when I was able to meet J* and yes I'll just say it now, I cried and acted like the total spaz that I am. It was amazing!!! She lived up to every expection that I had and then some- both professionally and personally. She was so willing to share everything that she knows about photography and let us into her personal life as well. We spent the day together laughing, learning and just getting to know each other that much better. I had the pleasure to eat both lunch and dinner with, and it was so nice to just bask in the beautiful California sun and just talk about any and everything.
Jasmine, thank you so much for giving my this opportunity to learn and grow and get to know you. Thank you being so generous and gracious with everything. Thank you for taking an interest in this mere "stay at home mom" just trying to catch a break in the world of photography. And JD, thank you as well for your hospitality and kindness- it was such a pleasure to share dinner and conversation with you!
Not only was I able to meet Jas and her wonderful husband JD and mom, but 19 other fabulous photographers from around the country and even Canada. These 19 people were absolutly amazing. I now have so many new freinds and am so thankful I was able to meet each and everyone of you.
I have a ton of totally amazing images to post from this fabulous workshop, so please check back soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, thats my name, written by Jasmine and even better, it holds a hand written note inside :)
Photobucket

11 comments:

molliejanephotography June 5, 2009 at 1:24 AM  

So fun! It was so nice to meet you. We'll have to hang out next time I'm in Utah.

Cristi June 5, 2009 at 3:20 AM  

it was so great to meet you brittney! could you please email me the group photo you posted when you get a chance? thanks so much! please make sure to stay in touch!

Kare June 5, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

*jealous*

Unknown June 5, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

Yay Brittney! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see the other pictures you'll post! Have a wonderful day!

Brooke Bowland June 5, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

i am going to cardiac!

Megan Plenge June 6, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Hi Brittney! It was so great to meet you at the workshop! You were so fun to hang out with and I hope our paths cross again! Can't wait to see more photos from the workshop! :)

JeNeal Martinez June 8, 2009 at 9:12 AM  

So jealous!! Looks like you had a great time! We need to get together soon.

Lydia June 8, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Brittney, it was great meeting you! I hope you had an awesome time shopping the next day! Buy anything cool?

travisrichardson June 14, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

Wow, that is so awesome that you went to this one. You will have to tell me what you thought about it. Is it worth the flight and the tuition? I am not going to the Beckstead workshop although I wish I could.

Your pictures are getting better and better every time I look at your blog. These workshops seem to be paying off for you.

Jess June 14, 2009 at 9:17 PM  

Thanks for coming by my blog.

I so love Jasmine too...who doesn't.

Seini Photography June 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Awesome Britt! I can't wait to hear more:) I know it was amazing!

About This Blog

Please feel free to e-mail at britthale@live.com with any questions or comments. I'd love to hear from you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP