Friday, August 15, 2008

On wed. night I had the opportunity to go to an amazing photo seminar staring the one and only David Jay, world renowned wedding photographer. It ROCKED!!! For me it was like....a child on Christmas morning, a groupie w/ back stage passes to their favorite rock group, a bride on her wedding day, a student at graduation---- I was on cloud nine!!!:) I also met his "tour manager" Shyla who was so awesome, and a fabulous photog as well. They truly are some of the nicest people i have ever met. You kinda expect someone who has such amazing notoriety to be a bit snooty, but David is anything but. He was so down to earth and humble. He had such great advice and info on starting websites, I'm now hoping to get my own up and running within a matter of time. So much of what he talked about could be applied to not only business but life itself- it was so motivating and uplifting. Ill share one of many great quotes w/ you that he gave.... "One is to small of a number to achieve greatness" (John Maxwell) This is true with anything: family, marriage, business, friendships. Some times you just cant do it alone, you need support and you need to be supportive. What a great message he shared. Anyways, here I am with the man himself, DJ and Shyla (on their tour bus- love it!!!)

3 comments:

Amanda August 18, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

This was such a great workshop! I didn't even know about the scavenger hunt thing or I would've tried to beat you :) You do great work and you definetly don't look old enough to have 5 kids! Wow!

Erin September 15, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

That was a great workshop!

Annie October 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

Went to the workshop in Phoenix - it was amazing!

About This Blog

Please feel free to e-mail at britthale@live.com with any questions or comments. I'd love to hear from you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP